Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You Big Fat Phony


“The Phony Soldiers”
- Rush Limbaugh, (09/26/07)

This is the label Rush Places on members of the military that didn’t support the war in Iraq.
Funny thing, you see I was a member of the Army (155th Infantry Regiment).  Though I was a proud, proficient, and disciplined Soldier, I disagreed with the war in Iraq.  I wasn’t alone.  Several, usually the more intelligent, Soldiers objected to serving in Iraq with good cause.  After a minimal amount of research and just plain common sense, many Soldiers like me realized that Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, Al Qaeda, or any terrorist other than the ones we created by destroying their country.  The Iraq war and our mission was a lie.  I enlisted to pay for my education not to act as the private army of crony capitalist.  I love America, and I want to protect my country, and I would gladly fight and die doing just that.  Iraq had nothing to do with defending freedom, and to ask a Soldier to give their life for anything less than that is disgraceful. 


Excerpt:  Crazy Sh*t Republicans Say